“Klara come home, I have no idea what to do with all the zucchini” said my mom. In the next five minutes a plan for this jam was created. Season of cooking preserves is ON! 🙂 And this time I didn’t care about sugar or anything, I wanted it to be OH SO good.
For some jam (I really have no idea in liters); Very simple; 1,5 h
3 kg zucchini; peeled, cleaned and grated
2 l water
170 g ginger; peeled and grated
4 bio oranges *; thinly sliced
4 bio lemons *; thinly sliced
2 kg sugar with added pectin
- One evening before making it – put the oranges and the lemons in salted water. We want them as clean as possible for our jam.
- Put zucchini, water, ginger, oranges and lemons (read the wise-ass corner) in a bigger pot and cook for around half an hour – peels of citruses should be soft.
- Add sugar, stir well and cook for around one hour more until the consistency of the jam is nicely thick.
- Put in clean jars, cover with lid and set to warm place.
* If you want your jam to be a bit more bitter leave the skin on on all the lemons and oranges. I don’t like the bitterness that much so I left the skin on only on 2 oranges and 1 lemon. The jam was just perfectly aromatic and not bitter at all. Maybe it wouldn’t be bitter even if I’d leave the skin on all of them. Who knows! 🙂