I will say only this. My dad said ‘This is sooo good!” for around 5 times which counts as 10 times because he is a meatloving gourmand.
**For about 2-3 people (or for more if you serve it as a side dish); Very simple; 40 minutes **
250 g white dal (lentils)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 teaspoons of black mustard seeds
2 teaspoons of cumin (not powdered)
1 teaspoon of red smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 onion; peeled and chopped
5 cloves of garlic; peeled and minced
2 carrots; sliced
4 dl water
2 dl tomato sauce
- Soak the lentils and set them aside.
- Chop the garlic, onion and carrots and set them aside.
- In a pot melt the coconut oil and add the spices. Roast for around 3 minutes – until they smell amazing.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for around 4 minutes. Add the carrots and saute for few minutes more.
- Drain the lentils and put it in the pot. Add the water, tomato sauce and salt also.
- Cover and let it cook for around 30-40 minutes or until the lentils are nicely cooked.
How to serve a dish like this? It goes really well with rice or indian bread. You can also turn it into a soup or serve it as a side dish.
Add some sour-cream mmm.