Meh. I still forget sometimes that ‘eating healthy’ doesn’t mean ‘eating badly’. And lately I am trying to veganize desserts I prepare too. So these muffins are an excellent example of vegan and healthy dessert that can break your heart. They stay really moist and soft for few days (if they last that long of course) and are a great snack for the road. A recipe I share with you guys with BIG excitement!
For 12 bigger muffins; Very simple; 5 min for preparation and 25 min for baking
240 g oats
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/3 teaspoon of salt
2,5 dl apple compote
1 dl plant-based milk
3 tablespoons of maple syrup/brown sugar/honey
2 spoonfuls of peanut-butter
Juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
300 g mixed berries; fresh or frozen
100 g dark chocolate; chopped
- Start preheating the oven on 200°C.
- Blend oats in blender or hand blender until they become flour. Add baking soda, baking powder and salt and blend again.
- Add all the other ingredients except berries and chocolate and blend until you get a nice consistent mixture.
- Gently stir in the berries and chocolate.
- Fill into muffin models (or you oil them a bit or you use muffin papers).
- Bake 20-25 minut. Chill.