This is my second recipe including an amazing product from Kis in kvas . It’s tempeh made from black beans and peas. I pared it with some curry and sweet potato. And the result is YUUUM.
**For 3 sweet potatoes; Very simple; 35-45 min for baking; 10 min for preparing**
4 middle sized sweet potatoes (not to big, so it won’t take too long to bake them)
250 g tempeh
2 teaspoons of curryja
2 pinches of salt
3 dl tomato sauce (it’s best if it hase some tomate chunks)
2 tablespoons of honey
- Pierce sweet potatoes multiple times with a fork and bake on 200°C for around 35-45 minutes (depends on the size). Check if they are baked with a knife.
- Towards the end of the baking of potato cut tempeh to around 0.5 cm thick slices. Spread coconut oil on each slice. In a bowl mix curry and salt. Gently dip the slices in the curry and shake it a bit – we don’t want too much curry on our tempeh.
- In a pan heat about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and cook pieces of tempeh – around 1 minute on each side.
- In a sauce pan heat the tomato sauce, add salt and honey and mix well.
- Cut the sweet potato and fill it with tomato sauce and top with baked tempeh. Sprinkle with some coconut if you want to.
- Serve immediately.
The dish is best when warm.