I was thinking of recipes I can make with peas and immediately thought about risotto type of dish. But I wanted to include something more local. And a bit healthier. And also something you can make really quickly and with few ingredients. PHEW! But that’s how this millet porridge with peas was created. And it’s damn delicious.
(+ once for a change I am using vegetable stock cube in the recipe. Because I wanted it to be that simple.)
Millet porridge with peas
Simple millet porridge with peas.
- 200 g millet porridge
- 7-9 dl of water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion
- 200 g peas
- Salt, pepper, garlic in powder
- 1 nectarine
- Optional: Nutritional yeast
- Step 1 1. Cook the millet porridge with water and vegetable stock cube for about 15 minutes.
- Step 2 2. Heat the pan and add oil and chopped onion. Cook for few minutes then add all the other ingredients (including cooked millet porridge).
- Step 3 3. Cook for few minutes, spice well. I really recommend using 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
- Step 4 4. Serve with chopped nectarines.
Nectarines with a dish like this?? Trust me love.