Ice-cream. Ice-cream is good, ice-cream has a lot of sugar. Well, at least the bought one. Or the one that my grandma used to make. The ratio of fruit:sugar:sour cream was 1:1:1. I decided to make a bit healthier version. You only need a freezer and a blender or a food processor 🙂
For 6-8 portions; Very easy; 4+ hours for freezing; preparation in around 15 min
1 kg Greek yogurt
250 g currant
3-5 tablespoons of honey
Extra: Milk or water
- Greek yogurt, bananas, currant and honey blend and pour in a deep dish. Freeze and let it in a freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Frozen won’t be very good. So the procedure to a amazing ice-cream is following.
- Put the ice-cream from the freezer around half a hour before you want to serve it.
- Take a blender or a food processor. Work in batches. Add 1/4 of ice cream and cover with a little milk or water. In food processor it will be easier to blend it. But if you are using a blender use the ‘pulse’ button. Blend for 2 seconds, turn off, stir and repeat that until the amazing ice-cream forms.
- When you are done with first round continue with the rest.
I used freshly picked currant but of course you can use some other type of berries also.
Use less of the liquid for thicker ice-cream or more for more liquid ice-cream.