Fake pizza is an acceptable term, right? I mean it kind of is like pizza – because you have the base and toppings on it. But it also isn’t pizza. Italians would get very mad if I say it is.
If the idea sounds bizarre, please don’t leave this page and let me convince you. Dish like this is not only prepared much quicker than regular pizza but if you choose your toppings wisely it also gives you same comfort. You can read about my selection of toppings in the wise-ass corner below.
Fake pizza (with polenta base, yum)
This is a simple and fast way to create delicious meal. You can put all your favorite toppings on this fake pizza and create something delicious.
- For the base
- 1,6 l water
- 400 g polenta
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- For the toppings
- Whatever your heart desires. Read below what was on mine.
- Step 1 1. Bring water to a boil. Add salt. Add polenta and stir for 2 minutes constantly. Turn the heat off and stir in the olive oil.
- Step 2 2. Pour polenta into a baking tray, spread evenly. Let chill just a bit and then add your favorite toppings.
- Step 3 3. Bake for 15-20 minutes on 220ºC. Serve warm or cold.
Wise-ass cornerSO! On my delicious fake pizza were: tomato sauce (with oregano and basil), almond cream, zucchini, carrots and bell pepper. When pizza was baked I also added basil AND (and I recommend 130% you add it too) parsley and garlic sauce. It is basically just minced garlic, chopped parsley and olive oil.