I made a cake for myself. And it was something else! Pretty thing was all vegan and gone quickly. I share the recipe for the sponge cake today. How to prepare the creams is described in the wise-ass corner.
PS.: On my page I already have a recipe for non-vegan chocolate cake that I used quite a lot in all types of desserts. But without a doubt I can tell you this one is better because the sponge cake is more moist, tastier and lasts longer.
I also created a new version of cake with carob and plum jam . Check it out!
For 3 layers if you use Ø 17cm or 2 if you use Ø 22 cm; Very simple; 10 min preparation + 30-40 min baking (per layer)
350 g white or wholewheat flour
300 g white or brown sugar
150 g cocoa
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
6 dl plant-based milk
1,2 dl oil (I used the olive oil but you can also use sunflower oil)
2 tablespoons of apple vinegar
1 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Start preheating the oven on 200°C.
- In one bowl mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another mix milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients slowly in the liquid mixture.
- If you are making the cake bake layers one by one. Take the cake pan, oil it a bit and sprinkle some flour on it. Pour in 1/2 or 1/3 of the batter (depends on the size of your cake pan). Bake the layer for 30-40 minutes – until a toothpick comes out clean. When it’s done put it out of the cake pan, cool it down and repeat the baking with the rest of the batter.
- Probably there will be little mountains growing out of the cake layers. Cut them horizontally with a knife. Don’t throw the cuts away! I always crumble them, mix with some jam and coconut milk and roll in chocolate balls. They help with the waiting for the real cake.
- I described the creams below.