When you have enough of wild garlic and dandelion and you crave a hardcore sugar rush. And you make these thingies.
For 12 muffins; Very simple; 7 min of preparation + 20 min baking
For the muffins
170 g white or wholewheat flour
159 g white or brown sugar
70 g cocoa
1⁄2 teaspoon of baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon of baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon of salt
3 dl plant-based milk
0,6 dl oil (I used the olive oil but you can also use sunflower oil)
1 tablespoon of apple vinegar
1 tablespoons of vanilla extract
For the filling
12 teaspoons of jam of your liking
For the vegan caramel
4 tablespoons of date syrup
4 tablespoons of tahini
- Start preheating the oven on 200°C.
- In one bowl mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another mix milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients slowly in the liquid mixture.
- Place papers in muffin molds or simply oil them. Add the mixture and bake for around 20 minutes or until the knife comes out clean.
- Meanwhile mix the ingredients for vegan caramel.
- When the muffins are baked cool them down. Then cut a small hole in each of them, add a teaspoon of jam and drizzle with caramel.
- Serve. Or it might happen tha people around you will serve themselves.
I used plum jam. Blueberry one would fit well also.
You can make tahini yourself. Blend sesame in a smaller food processor for a few minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and blend some more. And tahini is done.