You need this cherry-rum syrup to spice up your ice-creams, desserts and even beverages. It’s maybe even too simple to call it an actual recipe, but the result is sour-boozy-sweet gooeyness.
I used cherries from our home cherry and they actually came to an end. I hope you can still find some in your local market. If not you can also substitute cherries for berries.
An easy cherry-rum syrup to top your favorites with.
- 600 g of cherries (pitted)
- 6 tablespoons of sugar (or more)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of rum
- Step 1 1. Blend cherries well (with mini primer or in a blender) to get a homogeneous mixture.
- Step 2 2. Put in a pan with sugar and heat until the mixture reduces and becomes very thick.
- Step 3 3. Set off the fire and add vanilla extract and rum.
- Step 4 4. Taste. If it tastes delicious – swirl it in with ice cream.
Wise-ass cornerYou can also use berries instead of cherries.
I used sugar as sweetener but you can also use something else in this cherry-rum syrup.
My ice cream is simple nice-cream. Just blended frozen bananas.